ReVision Energy is a 100% employee-owned solar company. Over the past 15+ years we’ve been focused on building a better world through the deployment of solar energy.
Our kids, grandkids and future generations enjoy a clean environment and just society throughout New England.
We will lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
- Humanity. Treat everyone with respect and kindness to help build the better future we know is possible.
- Learning. Educate everyone with the knowledge and skills to change the world; foster personal & professional growth in a cohesive, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Passion. Aspire for excellence in everything we do because it advances our mission and sustains our employee-owned B Corp solar company.
- Communication. Listen first, be honest, and deliver clarity to our colleagues and community.
- Stewardship. We love being in nature with our families and friends and we are doing everything in our power to protect it.
- 2003 – Bill Behrens and Patrick Coon founded Energyworks LLC by merging their businesses (the renewable division of the Greenstore in Belfast and Energy Options in Liberty).
- 2005 – Fortunat Mueller and Phil Coupe independently contact Energyworks to talk about bringing a renewable energy company to Portland.
- 2006 – Fortunat and Phil reach agreement with Bill and Pat to launch Portland branch with Energyworks’ name.
- 2008 – Liberty and Portland branches of Energyworks merge to become ReVision Energy.
- 2009 – ReVision Energy helps several municipalities earn ARRA grants for renewable projects and installs some of the largest solar projects in the Northeast at the time.
- 2010 – With the addition of Dan Clapp, we open our 3rd branch in Brentwood, New Hampshire.
- ReVision Energy reaches 2,500 installed systems in Maine and New Hampshire.
- 2011 – Brentwood branch grows 9 full-time staff, over 3MW of solar PV installed to date.
- 2012 – Over 3,000 systems installed companywide.
- ReVision opens 1st solar-powered EV charging station in Maine.
- 2013 – ReVision celebrates 10 year anniversary with over 60 full-time staff members.
- Brentwood branch wins Chamber of Commerce “Best Business” award for Construction category.
- 2014 – Over 7MW installed companywide.
- Brentwood branch recognized in Business NH Magazine’s “10 to Watch” list.
- Ranked #25 of 100 Top Solar Rooftop Installer by Solar Power World,
- Successfully earn vendor for Solarize Kearsarge program.
- 2015 – As growth in Granite State accelerates, we open our 4th office in Concord, New Hampshire.
- We hire our 100th employee.
- ReVision Energy becomes a certified B Corp.
- 2016 – Recognized by “Best Places to Work in Maine.”
- 2017 – Our 5th branch opens in North Andover, the first location in Massachusetts.
- Ranked #1 Rooftop Solar Contractor in New England by Solar Power World.
- Recognized by “Best Places to Work in Maine.”
- ReVision Energy now has over 200 employees and converts to 100% ESOP ownership. Company is officially “ReVision Energy Inc.” rather than “ReVision Energy, LLC”
- Over 7,000 installations across the region.
- 2018 – Recognized by NH Business Review “Best of Business Awards” as Best Solar Company.
- ReVision Energy is named Business of the Year by Business NH in the Construction/Engineering/Real Estate sector.
- LED Lighting division is launched to begin improving commercial lighting around New England.
- ReVision Solar Impact Partners fully funds its first 2 Solar Impact Funds, accelerating New England’s clean energy transition.
- ReVision Energy Technical Centers are founded to provide employee-owners innovative, in-house training.
- ReVision Energy has over 250 employees across 5 branches.
- 2019 – ReVision Energy integrates Energy Emporium to better serve residents of Upper Valley NH and VT.
- ReVision re-certifies as B Corp and is named “Best for the World” in three categories – Overall, Workers, and Changemakers
- ReVision Energy Technical Center has 66 Electrical Apprentices
- Sunsquatch comes out of the woods and joins our mission to spread solar love!
About Our People
ReVision Energy is fortunate to have an outstanding team of committed people creating success at our five locations – Liberty and Portland, Maine, Brentwood and Enfield, New Hampshire, and North Andover, Massachusetts. Our frequent collaboration between offices ensures the highest level of technical expertise to be found in the Northeast.
We Are a B Corp
At ReVision Energy we have always prided ourselves on being a mission driven company that makes a substantial effort to embody our values in every interactions with customers, with suppliers, with the community and of course also with each other. We are pleased to announce that our efforts have been formally recognized and that we are officially a Certified B Corporation.
The “B” stands for “Benefit” Corporation and denotes that a business has committed itself to a defined set of non-traditional business practices that benefit employees, customers and the broader community by creating a positive impact on society and the environment. Unlike traditional corporations, Certified B Corporations are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions not only on their shareholders, but also on their stakeholders (e.g., workers, suppliers, community, consumers, and the environment).
Being certified as a B Corporation is a validation of an accumulation of efforts that has been part of ReVision Energy’s DNA since our origins. We now join a community of over 1,300 like minded businesses worldwide who all agree that business is not just about profits, but can and should be a source for positive social and environmental change in the world.
Politics and Policy
ReVision Energy is a private, for-profit business that competes in the competitive market of renewable energy. The rapid growth of solar energy is largely due to dropping installed costs of equipment, rising rates of conventional energy sources and increasing concern about the harmful impacts of carbon pollution. Solar energy offers a cost-effective investment with secure economic and environmental returns.
We are a company driven by a mission to reduce fossil fuel use in Northern New England. We are an equal opportunity employer and our staff includes people of many different faiths, backgrounds, and political viewpoints, and we encourage an open, civil environment for dialogue. Our company motto is “customer service without compromise” and we share a commitment to excellence in design, engineering, and installation so that our systems successfully reduce energy costs for our customers and offset the use of finite fossil fuels.
Our business is clearly intertwined with decisions around energy policy and as a regional leader we work solo and with our allies to argue our point of view to policy makers (and when appropriate help organize around policy action such as in the CMP rate case). However, we do not endorse political candidates, nor do we align to a particular political party. We strongly feel that energy issues are bipartisan and encourage conservatives to remember that the root of that word is conservation. We offer a product that helps reduce energy costs for both the consumer and for society, offering protection against electric rate instability and furthering independence. We find that these common values unite New Englanders across a variety of political leanings.
We do host occasional press events and numerous private events at our world-class solar showrooms. The following policy applies in regards to public events at our locations:
- No campaign event for any candidate for any office is appropriate at ReVision Energy facilities.
- Press conferences have and will be held at our facility when in association with an appropriate organization where the context of the event aligns with our mission as does the host (e.g. Environment Maine, Natural Resources Council of Maine, Sierra Club, etc). All press conferences are public events and no reporter will be removed from such an event.
- Private events are frequently held at our facilities and we reserve the right to ask people to leave our premises at such private events. In general, our facilities are open to the public and we encourage people to come into our showroom, see solar energy equipment, and learn about the benefits of going solar.
- Candidates and sitting members of political office have an open invitation to visit our facilities, please contact us using our online form to make a request.