Community Solar Farms
Go Solar Without Installing Panels on your Property.
Shaded roof? Renting? This is for you! Now you can access the full benefits of going solar wherever you are by joining a local Maine Community Solar Farm (CSF). Currently available in Maine.
Local Solar Power Built by Mainers, for Mainers
Rooftop solar offers the ability to generate power right from your rooftop, but for many people it’s not a viable option. Community solar farms expand access by eliminating the need to own your home or have a home with a good solar roof.
For community solar in Maine, ReVision Energy builds a large-scale solar farm at an ideal solar location, working with the landowner or local organizations to responsibly site the project.
Power generated from the solar farm feeds into the grid, which is then distributed to the members of the CSF. Depending on the model, members can either be owners (literally having purchased their share of panels just like they were built on their roof) or subscribers (a no-upfront-cost, no long-term obligation agreement to enjoy the savings of a share of panels).
Solar Ownership vs. Subscription
Community solar ownership and subscriptions both offer the ability to go solar without having panels on your roof. Both allow you to power your home with solar, so deciding which community solar option is right for you depends on your finances, living situation, and personal priorities.
Solar Ownership: Unlock Greatest Savings
Our ownership model provides the greatest long-term value for you. It has all the financial advantages of building rooftop solar at your home – the full tax credit, REC sales, and power savings – only the panels are off-site. This is the way to do community solar for someone who wants the legendary “$10 electric bill” that solar can get you.
We are currently filling two ownership-model CSFs, one for CMP customers and one for Versant Customers. Learn about our available Maine solar farms here!
Benefits of Ownership:
- You (the owner) receive full financial benefits such as tax credits and RECs.
- Lowest 25-year cost of power by buying at a fixed price, e.g. once you buy solar, the value of your system appreciates over time as electric rates go up.
- You receive long-term support and maintenance from a local Maine company (that’s us!)
- Can purchase upfront or finance with $1,000 down, low-interest loan product.
Solar Subscription: Solar for Every Mainer
Not everyone is ready or able to make the commitment to purchasing solar; that’s where the subscription model fits in. CSF subscriptions allow anyone to go solar, regardless of whether they own their home or have the financial means to pay upfront or access a loan product. Want to save money on your power bill and support solar? A subscription CSF is right for you!
Benefits of Subscription:
- You can join with no upfront cost or credit checks required.
- You can go solar with flexible commitment – leave the solar farm at any time.
- You receive guaranteed savings – your electric bill will be reduced by up to 10% (varies based on seasonal system output and size of your share).
- You can dip your toe into solar’s sunny waters – a great ‘try before you buy’ option.
We have partnered with Arcadia to offer solar farm subscriptions on ReVision Energy-built solar farms. When you sign up for Arcadia, they take over your CMP bill and pay on your behalf, and also manage your solar farm subscription. Once ReVision has completed the farm’s development and the solar project starts generating electricity, you’ll earn solar credits, which in turn offer you savings. Arcadia also offers a web portal so you can see how your share is performing in real-time! And there is no long-term commitment or upfront cost.
Solar Farms Support Maine’s Zero Carbon Goals
All solar farms developed by ReVision keep the benefits of solar power local and invested in our communities, as well as helping the local Mainers who host the solar farms, like farmer Peter Curra.
We have been building solar farms in Maine for over ten years— including the very first community-owned solar farm project in Maine! — and are comprised of 250+ employee-owners who live and work in our local communities. By joining a community solar farm through ReVision Energy, you’re ensuring that your energy savings are pushing forward the local clean energy movement and supporting local jobs in the process.
Benefits of Both Ownership & Subscription:
- You help support local farmers who receive financial benefits from hosting community solar farms.
- Your membership supports the expansion of more clean-power generating solar farms, reducing the need for fossil fuel plants and large transmission line projects.
- Solar farms reduce the need for fossil fuel plants and large transmission line projects.
- You save money while helping to build a better world for future generations.
Does Community Solar Ownership Sounds Right for You?
Fill out the form to learn more! If you’re interested in a subscription solar farm, head to Arcadia’s site.
Community Solar Farm Photo Gallery
A few samples of the ever-growing of solar farms we’ve installed over the years!