Community Solar Farms
Go Solar Without Installing Panels on your Property.
Shaded roof? Renting? This is for you! Now you can access the full benefits of going solar wherever you are by joining a local Maine Community Solar Farm (CSF). Currently available in Maine.
Local Solar Power Built by Mainers, for Mainers
Rooftop solar offers the ability to generate power right from your rooftop, but for many people it’s not a viable option. Community solar farms expand access by eliminating the need to own your home or have a home with a good solar roof.
For community solar in Maine, ReVision Energy builds a large-scale solar farm at an ideal solar location, working with the landowner or local organizations to responsibly site the project.
Power generated from the solar farm feeds into the grid, which is then distributed to the members of the CSF. ReVision currently offering an ownership model, where members own shares of their farms, having purchased their share of panels just like they were built on their roof.
Unlock Long Term Savings with a Share of a Solar Farm
The ownership model that ReVision Energy offers allows CMP customers to achieve all the benefits of going solar, including the full federal tax credit as well as the net metering benefits you can get from installing solar on your roof. Community solar farm ownership allows members to completely offset their monthly utility bills. Additionally, if you can’t or don’t want to pay for your share entirely upfront, it can be financed through one of our lending partners.
We offer ownership-model solar farms for CMP customers and are filling up waitlists for upcoming solar farms.
Benefits of Joining a CSF:
- You (the owner) receive full financial benefits such as tax credits and RECs.
- Lowest 25-year cost of power by buying at a fixed price, e.g. once you buy solar, the value of your system appreciates over time as electric rates go up.
- You receive long-term support and maintenance from a local Maine company (that’s us!)
- Can purchase upfront or finance with $1,000 down, low-interest loan product.
We have to two solar farms scheduled to launch in 2023 available to CMP customers, with limited capacity and shares selling fast. If you’re interested in learning more about joining a community solar farm, reach out to our Solar Advisor team to get started.
Solar Farms Support Maine’s Zero Carbon Goals
All solar farms developed by ReVision keep the benefits of solar power local and invested in our communities, as well as helping the local Mainers who host the solar farms, like farmer Peter Curra.
We have been building solar farms in Maine for over ten years— including the very first community-owned solar farm project in Maine! — and are comprised of 250+ employee-owners who live and work in our local communities. By joining a community solar farm through ReVision Energy, you’re ensuring that your energy savings are pushing forward the local clean energy movement and supporting local jobs in the process.
Local Benefits of a Community Solar Farm
- You help support local farmers who receive financial benefits from hosting community solar farms.
- Your membership supports the expansion of more clean-power generating solar farms, reducing the need for fossil fuel plants and large transmission line projects.
- Solar farms reduce the need for fossil fuel plants and large transmission line projects.
- You save money while helping to build a better world for future generations.
Does Community Solar Ownership Sounds Right for You?
Community Solar Farm Photo Gallery
A few samples of the ever-growing of solar farms we’ve installed over the years!