Planson International Continues Solar-Transition With LED Retrofit
Share this post
Planson International of New Gloucester, Maine is a woman-owned global IT solutions provider to international organizations dedicated to aid, development, sustainability, and emergency response.
We’ve partnered with them over the past years to make a deep dent in their carbon footprint – installing a ground-mounted solar array with 156 panels, converting to a whole-office heat pump heating system, and installing a high-end electric water heater, virtually eliminating fossil fuels from their energy mix.
Planson recently added LED lighting to their suite of energy improvements – offering better lighting conditions for office workers and allowing their solar power to cover a larger share of their total energy use.
Who’s a Good Fit for LEDs?
An LED retrofit offers a very attractive ROI, energy efficiency and quality of life benefits for a range of applications:
- Medical sector (dentist and doctor offices, veterinaries, etc)
- Manufacturing (anywhere with long light runtimes)
- Retail (LED lights are higher color quality)
- Offices over 1,000 sq. ft (knowledge workers are more productive under LEDs)
- Public buildings (Schools, libraries, municipal buildings, etc)
Contact us to discuss LED options for your business!