Efficiency Maine Extends $1,000 Summer Bonus to Home Energy Savings Program
Share this post
Efficiency Maine has announced that their popular $1,000 summer promotion for the Home Energy Savings Program (HESP) has been extended. Sign up by August 31st to qualify for an additional $1,000 beyond the existing $1,500 – $3,000 of incentives available in the program.
Here’s how it works:
- You no longer have to complete the project by August 31st. Simply send in your application using the Efficiency Maine website.
- You’ll need to have an energy audit completed by September 30th and the project completed by December 31st.
- The $1,000 bonus is above and beyond the HESP standard rebates, which are:
- 30% of Project Cost up to $1,500 for projects that will result in 25% – 49% total annual thermal energy savings – OR –
- 50% of Project Cost up to $3,000 for projects that will resulting total annual thermal energy savings that will be 50% or more
- If solar hot water is part of the HESP project you’ll still get the standard solar hot water rebate, including an additional $500 for a total $1,500 solar hot water rebate.
To get started with the HESP program, be sure to submit a request before the August 31st deadline – that will secure your $1,000 bonus rebate. Then find an energy auditor – if you’d like a referral in your area just contact us!
The Home Energy Savings Program is funded by a stimulus grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).