SMMC Fifth Annual Community & Business Expo
Share this post
Location: Mount Ararat High School Gymnasium, Rt. 201, Topsham, ME (Map and Directions)
The Southern Midcoast Maine Chamber’s Fifth Annual EXPO is Saturday, November 5, 2011, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Mount Ararat High School Gymnasium, Rt. 201, Topsham. This event will be free and open to the public. As in years past, we are expecting more than 1,000 consumers.
For four years SMMC produced the “Go Green Expo”. At the request of members and vendors, we’ve expanded this popular event to include the following areas: Health & Wellness, Innovation and Technology, Workforce and Education and of course, Green and Sustainability.
An event full of events!
- Flu shots – CHANS
- Launch of Bag Recycling Initiative – State of Maine & Maine Grocers
- Computer & Electronics Recycling – Best Buy
- Kids area – Best Buy
- Resume Screening & workshops
- Tree Donation (first 500 visitors) – MPBN
- Farmer’s Market – Winter Farmers Market Collaborative
- Mascot Visit for Kids (invited by not yet confirmed) – Sea Dogs, Red Claw, Pirates, McGruff the Crime Dog, Downeast Energy Puffin
- Poster/Project Contest for kids – CREA & local high schools
- Food Vendors
Current Sponsors (more coming in every week!)
- BEK Inc., Central Maine Medical Center, Coastal Counties Workforce Inc., Goodwill, University College at Bath/Brunswick, Green Energy Maine
- Coastal Journal
- The Cryer
- Street Banner – Topsham/Brunswick Town Line
- Time Warner Cable (300 commercials)
- MPBN – Radio
- Times Record – Event Tab
- Turner Publishing
- Press Releases, Websites, and Newsletters (multiple organizations & community partners)
ReVision Energy will there talking about solar energy systems for home, business, and schools.