Deep Energy Retrofit and Net Zero Energy Workshop
Share this post
Location: 160 Woodville Road, Falmouth, ME (Map)
This workshop will provide hands-on, real world exposure to a deep energy retrofit project in process. The workshop will take place at a residence in Falmouth, Maine which is undergoing a deep energy retrofit with the goal of becoming a net zero energy building. The workshop will include in-field exposure to core techniques in deep energy retrofit as well as identification of the unexpected and unique issues that arise when actually applying deep energy retrofit techniques in a real rather than “ideal” case. Participants will visit the site at four intervals during the building process for in-depth tours and instruction. Each site visit will last approximately two-hours.
- Phil Kaplan and Richard Lo/ Kaplan Thompson Architects
- Dan Kolbert/ Kolbert Building and Renovations
- Ann Kearsley/ Ann Kearsley Design Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
- Fortunat Mueller/ ReVision Energy
- Jim Godbout/ Jim Godbout Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning
The workshop consists of four different visits to the site – you can learn more about the workshop with a free tour of the project site from 4:30 to 5:30 PM on September 22.
See the Maine Chapter of the USGBC website for more details.