2020 Cash Rebates Available for Heat Pumps in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts
Share this post
With a number of available rebates in 2020, it’s a great time to think about your options for home heating. Heat pumps not only provide efficient and quiet comfort in the winter, they also outperform ducted HVAC systems and window-unit air conditioners.
That’s right, the same technology used to warm your home in the winter will cool it during the summer – and it can provide your home’s hot water! Here’s an updated list of incentives for heat pumps and heat pump water heaters across our territory:
- Retroactive incentive of $300 for homeowners with qualified installations from 12/31/17 through 2020. There are some nuances since this particular rebate has been around for a while and if you have taken other efficiency upgrades you may not be eligible for this update. If you have taken advantage of this Energy Star Tax Credit anytime, or anywhere, since it was introduced in 2004, there is a cap of $500. We advise you to check with your accountant as to whether or not you have taken advantage of this credit in the past. IRS instructions here.
- The Efficiency Maine rebate for heat pump water heaters was recently increased to $750! The program officially runs through June 30th, 2020, however funds are limited so we recommend getting started sooner rather than later.
- Efficiency Maine also has a rebate of up to $1,500 for heat pumps.
- NHSaves heat pump rebate is for $400/ton (based on cooling capacity), which, of the various heat pumps we carry, produces an average incentive of ~$600. For customers of the New Hampshire Electric Co-op, rebates are set at $500/ton of cooling capacity.
- Also through NHSaves, up to $600 available for heat pump water heaters.
- Mass Save offers mini-split heat pump rebates of $150/ton.
- Mass Save heat pump water heater rebate up to $600.
Learning about Solar + Water or Space Heating
During our free consultations, our solar energy advisors can give you detailed and custom information about the options available and what would work best and be most cost-efficient for you.