2019 Cash Rebates Available for Heat Pumps in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts
Share this post
With warm weather here, it’s a great time to think about your options for home cooling. Heat pumps provide efficient and quiet comfort, and outperform ducted HVAC systems and window-unit air conditioners.
Even better, the same technology they use to cool your home in the summer will heat it during the winter – and it can provide your home’s hot water! Here’s an update on changes to state incentives for heat pumps and heat pump water heaters across our territory:
- The Efficiency Maine rebate for heat pump water heaters was recently increased to $750! The program officially runs through June 30th however funds are limited, so we recommend getting started sooner rather than later.
- Efficiency Maine also has a rebate up to $750 for heat pumps.
- NHSaves heat pump rebate is for $400/ton (based on cooling capacity), which, of the various heat pumps we carry, produces an average incentive of ~$600. For customers of the New Hampshire Electric Co-op, rebates are set at $500/ton of cooling capacity.
- Also through NHSaves, up to $600 available for heat pump water heaters.
- Mass Save offers mini-split heat pump rebates of $150/ton.
- Mass Save heat pump water heater rebate up to $600.
Learning about Solar + Water or Space Heating
During our free consultations, our solar energy advisors can give you detailed and custom information about the options available and what would work best and be most cost-efficient for you.