Are You Interested in Building a Zero Net-Energy, Low Carbon House? – Rockport, MA
Share this event
5:30pm - 7:30pm
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BUILDING A ZERO NET-ENERGY, LOW CARBON HOUSE?
Join us on our New Home Tour co-hosted with USGBC MA Chapter
RESCHEDULED – Was May 4th, Now Starts at 5:30pm on Wed, May 29th
Houses are not being built like they used to be. New houses have the capability of having no electric bills, but at the same time being all electric (i.e. use no fossil fuels). Sounds impossible, but it isn’t when using new building products and technologies that improve energy efficiency and that generate their own clean solar power. So if you are interested, be our guest and come on our new home tour to see for yourself.
- See how a 52 solar panels (16.64kW) solar system was incorporated into the design of a new 3300 square foot house.
- Learn what “net-metering” and “grid-tied” and various other terms/components of a solar system mean or look like.
- Learn how all-electric, air-source heat pumps can efficiently both heat and cool your house. What do these systems look like? Are they quiet? Do they really work? What are the design options/limitations?
- How are houses being insulated to increase energy efficiency?
- How are energy loads being reduced from lighting and appliances?
- What is an ERV system and how does it improve indoor air quality?
- Meet the homeowner and various members of the building team that designed, built or provided building products for the house.